Oh, this has been a long-time coming. We have been working on it for over a year.
A YEAR!! I do not lie. I would not say that we worked on it exclusively, but it has definitely been at least a part-time project and the source of many white hairs for yours truly.
I wish I could say that we hit on this fool-proof method that just suddenly solved everything, but really it was just all Lucy. She started getting up and going to the bathroom on her own. I mean, that was really the key, she just decided to do it. I am so proud of her. Seriously, I'm "My daughter is a brain surgeon proud."
One of Lucy's early potty attempts, May 2007.

9 comments:
Ahhhhhh! I am so happy for you. Those little stinks. No point in trying at all, they figure it out.
yipee! That is my proudest moment for my kids too! Is the book sitting next to her the reading material?? he he.. too cute. congrats on no more diapers
There used to be two comments on this post, but they have mysteriously disappeared. Perhaps they will return just as mysteriously, in the meantime I thought I would post just to let you know that I had nothing to do with it! Just spooky interweb stuff. :)
HA! what a fun game! I tried to post a comment saying comments have disappeared but my comment did not show, instead missletoe's comment reappeared. How bizarre!
Fun! Fun! fun!
Yippee ki yi yay!
bippity boppity boo!
Congratulations! This is HUGE! At least it was for me (even though we still have a few accidents every now and then). Sorry I haven't called you back. We were in Bear Lake and just got back. I'd love to go to T.P. Gardens or the Dino Museum next Tues. if you're still interested. Call me.
Now you're just spamming, Julie.
Post a Comment