Friday, July 25, 2008

Red Butte

Our weekly visits to the garden have gone a little awry lately, but we were finally able to squeeze another one in on Wednesday night. The biggest difference was the temperature. There was still a bit of a cool evening breeze, but it didn't quite stand up to the +100° heat.

We noticed that someone had been nibbling on the fruit in the apple trees and heard something rustling in the shrubs as we walked through the children's garden. It wasn't until our second time through that we finally saw the culprit up in a tree, about 3 feet away from our heads.

 
 

A big, fat, apple-eating squirrel!

 

Myke re-taught Lucy about the fun of squirting people with the water from the snake tongue.


 

Lucy was a quick study.

 

A cold drink tasted especially good on such a hot day.

 

Penny just likes playing with the bottles.

 

After we blew out the candles on the birthday cake...

 

and said "hello" to the resident butterflies, it was time to go.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Missletoe said...

Hey there are some fabulous cherry trees down the street from Myriad (not on Wakara, but the other street, you know the street where we started the 10K) I'll bet they are perfect right now. You should check them out, I used to LOVE cherry picking there.

Sarah said...

damn hippies...hey love to talk with you, email your number to floride if you want mattmitchell77@yahoo.com

Cal said...

Julie,
This is Callee (Naccarato) Didericksen, do you remember me?
I was happy to find your blog, you have cute kids and you look the same (not fair)Glad to hear you are doing well. our blog address is www.didericksenfamily.blogspot.com
I would love to hear from you!
Callee

Melanie said...

Hey Jules. I do believe I totally forgot about our little get together a few weeks ago. COMPLETELY forgot. I checked my messages about a half a week later and was so SAD. I miss my mind.

I hope you are well and the trip to Red Butte sounds like it was fun. We went up there a few weeks ago and loved it. I want to bring my Mom back up to enjoy it soon.

I sent you an email with the blog I just started. Hope all is well and let's re-plan to get together soon! Okay! Love, Mel