The day started with a little one on one using Lucy's new basketball hoop. Myke figures he's got to take advantage of Lucy's height and start honing her mad hoop skills.
Check her out! She's already dunking over her sister!
Here is a picture of the birthday girl herself, modeling her Wonder Pets cape. The cape is one of 15 that we made for her party tonight. Unsurprisingly, Lucy decided she did not want to pretend to be one of the Wonder Pets and so did not want to wear her cape. We had to pretend it was a Queen cape in order to get Lucy to wear it. Yup, she's starting to practice her contrarian ways early. S'okay, she fits right in in this house.
Chocolate birthday cake with special celery for the die hard Wonder Pet fan. (Note to self: do not stick celery directly in chocolate cake, unless you want chocolate cake to taste of celery.)
We had almost all of her cousins from both sides of the family at the party, but this is as many as we were able to get in a picture at one time.
The call came in: There was an animal in trouble! It was a baby frog, stuck on a roof! We had to help him! It was sewious!
Luckily Myke was able to help the Wonder Pets hook the frog up with a parachute, then they caught him after he jumped off the roof (the frog, I mean, not Myke.)
The Wonder Pets saved the day, but Lucy ended up with the cake!
The party was crazy, but it was a lot of fun. Lucy is so happy to be three! I really can't believe that we are already there. Where does the time go?
5 comments:
You are so prompt with your posts! That was a pretty fun party, you guys are very creative.
okay, you are mother of the year. I love it! so cute.Can I hire you to plan my kids parties??? ya. I update my blog wayyyy too much. I get bored and probably need to find a hobby!
Happy Birthday Lucy! I LOVE the cake and the capes! Way to go Jules. I can't believe that she's already 3! Where does the time go?
Now, I thought I knew you pretty well. But I have to say- seeing that party, with all of the pizzaz, was surprising and amazing. I've never known that side of you! All that Will got, was a pinata and pizza.
Happy Birthday Lucy! I can't wait to see you in a week!
Post a Comment