I think we have finally recovered from Christmas and are starting to get back to our regular routines. Although that might also just be an excuse for an extended bout of laziness. In any case, on with the blog!
Here are some pictures of one of our latest adventures at the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. We went with my friend Natalie and her kids. I think Myke and I took his nephew, Christian, there once when we were first married, but this was my first trip as a parent myself. Fun stuff! Lucy was plenty excited about the bones of giants dinosaurs and Penny really liked climbing on whatever she could find whenever she was loosed.
If I ever wonder whether or not Lucy ever truly listens to what I say (and I do wonder); I just have to look to this trip. We talked a lot about how dinosaurs are extinct while we were at the museum; I really didn't want to deal with any dinosaur-related nightmares after spending the day looking at 30-40 ft tall skeletons, so I may have belabored the point a little bit. A couple of nights later, Lucy was out running errands with Myke and explained to him her theory about the history of the world. You see in the beginning there were robots, two robots, named Eve and Wall-E. After the robots, came the dinosaurs and when they all died; that's when the the humans came. Pretty simple really, don't know why I never thought of it myself.
My personal theory on why dinosaurs went extinct involves giant 3 year olds in blue smocks.
Lucy and Dax, hunting dinosaurs.
Penny and Lucy weigh as much as a small dinosaur, I didn't need a scale to tell me that.
Lucy seemingly unaware of the devastation that lurks behind her.
Again, Lucy and Dax, completely devoid of fear.
Finally, a glimpse of self-preservation!
I needn't have worried, it appears that these kids have completely subdued this dinosaur.
Chasing dinosaur skeletons is thirsty work!
1 comment:
I like Lucy's theory. I might share it with Superkid, who is still convinced that Dinosaurs aren't real. I can't help but think about Galin (from high school) whenever he mentions it. Galin, if you remember, wasn't a believer either.
Post a Comment