Friday, January 30, 2009

Home with the sickies

We've had a lot of time to kill at home this past week, what with our continuing illness and all. We did a lot of crafts and came up with lots of new games.




Following the fine example of Lucy's preschool, I let Lucy play in a large dollop of shaving cream. Unexpected consequence? Our dining room smelled like Old Spice for the next 24 hours.



Penny wanted in, but I quickly saw where that was going, so I opted for whipped cream instead. What can I say, I'm an exceptional mother to so deftly avoid the trap of unintentional shaving cream feast.



My bed became a permanent "houseboat" for the week. Penny and Lucy and I would curl up and pretend to sleep for 5 seconds, followed by breakfast, jumping and then more sleep, so on and so forth. You get the idea. Cutest part of the game was Penny saying "Night Night."



There was a constant tea party going on; whenever they were not in my bed, that is.



Here's the view from the other side.



Penny's new pooping spot. Also, a picture just to prove that we did not stay in our pajamas all week.



Isn't she just so stinking cute? Seriously. I could just eat her up.

2 comments:

Missletoe said...

No matter how stinkin cute you all are sick, I hope you recover and can get OUT this week. We're not so stinkin cute after a week of illness....get me OUT OF HERE!
...looks like I have another day or so, I will be stealing from your bag of tricks and whipping out the shaving cream and house boat.

Leslie said...

Julie That is so cute of the grils I Just love them I am Sorry that your Family sick Get better soon
Leslie