Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Change

The girls and I went to my Mom's yesterday morning for some inauguration pancakes. On the way there, I attempted to explain to Lucy about what an important day it was. She knows that we live in a place called Salt Lake City, but has a hard time visualizing what that means as far as any type of scale goes. We're always talking about where people live and what street they live on. In order to explain what a President is, I had to first explain what a country is and what government is. We talked about how the President lives in a place called Washington D.C., which is very far away from Salt Lake City. I told Lucy we would see pictures of the new President on TV, once we got to Grandma's house. As we pulled into my Mom's driveway, she asked me what the old President's name is and what the new President's name is. She thought about it a moment and then said, "We have a new President, but Dad is still my Dad, right?"

4 comments:

myke said...

I'm very grateful that Obama elected to keep me in his administration in the role of Lucy's Dad. I hope the Senate confirms me.

Sarah said...

I love it! Piper was so excited to get in the van after school and tell me all about our new president, you know since I'm not in school and all I might not have known. They watched the coverage all day at school and she said they all clapped when Obama became the president. What an incredible day for our country, hu?!

Val said...

That is so cute. I am sure that was one relieved little girl.

Allison Madsen said...

Hee Hee Hee . . . Love it