Sunday, December 7, 2008

O Christmas Tree!

We've been busy this week getting our Christmas on. We gots the tree, the lights, AND the spirit; by the bucket full.


Here we are picking out our tree. It was nice that it was so warm this year. I remember dragging Lucy to get a tree two years ago in a blizzard. We were frozen and very grumpy by the end of the night.

(Oh, and I should say for those who are wondering; no, that is not my boyfriend with the short hair and glasses. Look closely, it really is Myke. He just got a haircut.)

 


Multiple pictures of two smiling girls? Amazing!

 


Myke and Lucy put the ornaments on the tree.

 


Penny wasted no time the next day taking them off. She mocked me by saying, "No, no, no" while she did it.

 


Here she is clapping; she is so proud of herself.

 


She is a complete and utter stinker. Please, don't let the smile fool you. I admit, sometimes I do.

 

9 comments:

Val said...

Well I have never met Myke. But I must say he looks totally different. I would have never guessed that was him based on the other pictures I have seen on your blog. Xmas tree decorating or undecorating is always so much fun! Merry Christmas!

Cal said...

Ya, I am with Val. I was wondering who that man was holding your child. You are so ambitious, getting a real tree. maybe one day I will try that. The picture with you and your girls is darling!

Matt said...

I gots to get my Christmas tree on still. I am imagining the ultimatums that led to thee return of thee Elder Madsen look.

myke said...

Elder Madsen usually had longer hair than that.

Melanie said...

I must say that I will miss "Barry Gibb"...but the new look is very good too. Julie...what look do you prefer on your man?

Penny is getting sooooo big. We need to get together and let them play some more.

We've lots to discuss too. It may be more "non-kid" conversation ... but when is that gonna happen, really? lol Love ya.

Adam said...

Wow, that isn't a haircut, that is a shearing! True though, I do remember Elder Madsen with longer hair. Ah, Poitiers, I don't remember you fondly. Except for playing Prophets. That I do miss. "Remeber the F."

Adam said...

And I did just look closely and wait, is that an earring!? I definitely don't remember Elder Madsen with an earring. That's what was hiding under the long hair...

Missletoe said...

I spotted you right off Myke. Does your neck feel like a load has been taken off? Jupaws, didn't you get asked if your neck got tired when you had long hair? I seem to remember that.

That Penny is not only a stinker...but also stinking cute! That must be how whe gets away with it.

Julie said...

I full well knew that there was not just one earring but two earrings under that mop, but you know, it was still kind of a shock when they were unearthed. For at least 2-3 days after the cut I kept finding myself staring at his ears when I was talking to him.

And in answer to your question Melanie, I am partial to the beard-o Myke, but I like it that he mixes it up on occasion. I really like his hair right now and I don't mind him being clean shaven, but it does tend to give me chapped lips.