Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Netherlands

Lucy has been in pre-school for almost 3 1/2 months now. Usually I have a hard time figuring out what she does all day. On a good day I can sort of guess what she had for a treat, based on what color juice she spilled on her shirt or what her breathe smells like. Also, I know what she did for a craft project, because that is usually sent home in her backpack. Other than that it's anyone's guess, as Lucy is a firm believer in the "What happens at pre-school, stays at pre-school" principle.

Today Lucy hopped in the car when I came to pick her up and practically the first thing out of her mouth was a question, "Mom, where are the Netherlands?"

"Um. Far away from here. Why do you ask?"

"Well, in the Netherlands, they call Santa Claus Sinterklaas. Did you know that?"

"Um. No. No, I didn't know that."

I gotta say, way to impress, Lucy. After months of nothing, you had me at the Netherlands, pulling out a Sinterklaas was just icing on the cake!

3 comments:

Allison Madsen said...

First I want to say that I think being Mrs. Potato Head would be the coolest thing ever.

I firmly believe that both of your girls could plan and execute quite the elaborate schemes if left to their own devices for too long :-)

Thanks for sharing!

Melanie said...

Whenever McKenna gets into the car after pre-school and I ask her what she did...she always responds with "I don't know." Drives me nuts! No poking or prodding will get details out either. She'll hand me the papers and look at me like "figure it out yourself." Love her. Berkeley always kept things pretty unclear as well. Lately I can drag a little more detail out of her... but not much. Netherlands...now that's SOME detail! So fun.

Cal said...

that is hilarious. my kids are the same way too! Why didn't someone tell us that kids are difficult to figure out?