Friday, September 5, 2008

Someday my Prince will come.

I think that maybe we have o.d.'d on the whole Disney princess thing of late. Lucy has gotten really into pretending, and she's pretty much a one woman show. She tells you who she is, usually Jasmine or Ariel, and then she tells you who you are. There is not much choice in the matter. Myke is going on about a week and a half of being Aladdin. I'll say something like: "Dad's going to be home from work soon." and she'll correct me: "You mean Aladdin? Maybe he'll bring his monkey?"

Last night as I was putting Lucy to bed, I hit a new low. Lucy told me again that she was Jasmine and that Dad was her prince, Aladdin. She told me that I was Sleeping Beauty. I was okay with that, but decided to see if I could mix things up a bit.

Me: Can't Dad be my prince?
Lucy: No. You are Sleeping Beauty. Aladdin is Jasmine's prince.
Me: Oh, well who's going to be my prince?
Lucy: (Looks around the room and then smiles like she's found the solution to all my problems.) How about my shoes? My shoes can be your prince, Sleeping Beauty!

That's right. Shoes. My Prince Charming is a pair of beat up pink shoes. Nice.

3 comments:

DrJubal said...

Most of the time I'm very content to have only sons. Then you post something like this and I realize that I'm missing out on a little of the magic.

Anonymous said...

Oh if only she could have been with us in Disney World. Having little ones who still see the magic is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Cal said...

that is funny. Oh what it would be like to have little girls around the house?? I will never know! I bet your handsome prince smells good!