One of the only good things about having Myke travel for his old work, was that he collected A LOT of frequent flyer miles and Marriott Rewards points. That being said, we were finally able to use some of those points for a week at a timeshare at the Marriott in Tahoe.
We just got back. The trip was fun, exhausting, relaxing, exhausting, beautiful, exhausting...get the picture? We tried hard not to overdo it, but I think we wore the girls out every day and they took turns wearing us out at night. Actually, with the exception of one night, the girls slept very well. That one night was a doozy though. It got so bad that we received a phone call from our neighbor at the hotel at about 1 o'clock in the morning. "Hi, we're staying next door. We can hear your baby crying. Is there anything you need?" I loved Myke's reply: "Um, we need our baby not to cry." I've been trying to convince myself all week that the woman calling was offering sincere help, but I am more inclined to believe that she really just wanted us to shut our baby up. I was past the point of really caring if we were disturbing our neighbors. I mean, so what if they had a baby crying next door, at least they didn't have a baby screaming in their room.
All in all, we had a really good time. We cooked breakfast and dinner in our room almost every day, which made life a lot simpler. We also had picnics at the beach almost every day. Penny and Lucy loved playing in the sand at the beach and splashing around at the pool. The weather was nice and the scenery was gorgeous. Lucy pretended she was Jasmine almost every waking minute of the trip. She had us holding open doors for her tiger, Raja, as well as a multitude of other imaginary cousins and friends. Penny was just content as long as she had access to her feet: best toy ever.
Here are some pictures from our trip that Myke put together:
5 comments:
looks like a fun trip. that is funny that your hotel neighbors called you. I don't know what I would have said, but I like your husbands response! cute family!
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
You make me feel guilty for not road tripping it this summer with our little fam. I think I dread the work too much to enjoy myself (specifically moments like babies crying enough to keep neighbors awake). It looks like it was worth the effort. Good times! I love tahoe, and that Marriott is way pretty. Does what's her name- old Cali Marriott liaison work there? Stacey?
Well I think the neighbor should be grateful it was 10 o'clock a.m.. We've had some trips that I am sure our neighbors wished it had been morning. What an amazing experience though. I must admit I never thought Lake Tahoe would be that fun. Mike has been trying to get me to go forever. But after seeing the beautiful pictures I am definitly sold. Your girls are darling.
Next time we are coming.
Post a Comment