We just got back from a trip with all the Hoggan girls (plus our two boys) to St. George. Was it ever crazy! We were hoping for some sun and we did get a little. It wasn't quite t-shirt weather, but Friday certainly came close. Gotta love the red rock and the warmth of Snow Canyon. We took the kids on a short hike there on Friday and then trucked on over to Zion hoping for some more sun on Saturday. Saturday was not nearly as warm and nice as Friday, but I'll still take it. It was a quick trip just to get out and have some fun.
More pictures of St. George craziness later. But for now, envy us whilst I brag about our moment in the sun at Snow Canyon.
Here is the Snow Canyon crew, minus my mom, who is taking the picture.
And here are the kids showing their mad hiking skillz. Yes, it does look more than a little like aimless roaming.
A favorite activity was stopping to draw in the sand with sticks.
Another favorite activity was stopping to admire the view while they were drawing.
These kids were crazy rock climbers! We didn't get a picture but we also saw a coyote climbing on the rocks not far off the trail.
The kids weren't the only ones who could not resist the rocks.
Yes, I know we are kind of spazy.
The only three we could get to sit still long enough for a picture.
Snack time!!
Penny refused to remove her bandana. I was kinda proud.
Arggh!!! This here be skull rock! Scary, isn't it?
Sandpile stop.
Touching cool moss on a rock stop.
Of course, the buddy system was always carefully observed.
I promise we'll look colder in the next pictures I post! I wouldn't want to make you too jealous.
3 comments:
I love the pics. You told me how nice it was friday, but I guess I didn't believe you. I wish we could have come earlier.
That looks like so much fun. We missed you by a week. We were down over President's Day weekend. I Love St. George. The trip came just in time. I was going crazy in the gloom and doom of Salt Lake. By the way it was good to see you and the girls at the firestation open house. I hope you guys enjoyed it.
We were actually down there again over President's Day too. The warm weather is addicting and Myke didn't get to come the first time. I'm so ready for Spring. Would have been funny to run into you guys.
The kids really enjoyed the open house and they are still wearing their fire hats, usually along with their choice of princess dress. It's a nice touch. It was good to see you too, Val.
Post a Comment