Monday, June 2, 2008

Capitol Reef

We went camping again this past weekend. This time near Capitol Reef at a little campground just outside Bicknell, UT. The campground itself wasn't too glamorous, but it was small and very quiet. We hiked to Hickman Arch on Saturday morning, then had a picnic in Fruita and cooled off in the Fremont River during the afternoon. We cheated Saturday night and instead of cooking at camp we got pizza in Torrey. Myke was excited to discover an 18 hole disc golf course in back of the restaurant. I have a feeling that means that we will be returning soon. Good thing we liked the pizza. Sunday morning we attempted another hike along the bottom of Grand Wash. It was very pretty, but I think Lucy had spent all her energy the day before so it was not quite as successful as Saturday's hike.

We've made a sort of goal to go camping with the Hoggan side of our family more this year and as a result this is our second trip with a group of various Hoggans. The kids really enjoy it. Lucy has started getting really excited about camping and sleeping in her bag inside our tent. Penny slept so well the second night that I actually got some sleep too! Bonus!

3 comments:

Missletoe said...

Okay, whoever that kid is in the tree with L and M looks JUST like Zach! ...but he can't possibly be 2 still, can he?

That snuggly sleeping bag pic made Pops and I both melt!

myke said...

It's Zach's nephew, Alex (Chris' son). He definitely has the Stewart look about him.

Ron said...

Nice pictures. Last year when we were at the Hale Ranch in Boulder, I tried to get people to go on the Hickman Arch hike. This was probably a better time of year to do that hike than in June.