Friday, March 21, 2008

And you can dye one too, for all I care...

Yesterday was the day for dyeing Easter eggs. Yay Easter! Yay eggs! Yay my mom and her crazy nail polish and Sharpie collection. You would not believe how much nail polish one woman can collect over a measly 30 years or so. Hmmm, or maybe you would. In any case my mother did not disappoint. She had two big boxes worth of nail polish in every hue imaginable, many of them with sparkles. It was also her idea to use the polish on our eggs, a fabulous idea as it turns out.

Here is my mom, hard at work plying her god-given egg decorating talents.

 


My nephew Zachary putting the rest of our eggs to shame.

 


Even Penny appreciated the eggs in her own way.

 


This was my attempt at an egg-face. Perhaps it was a little too avant-garde for the girls, as I had a devil of a time getting them to hold the parts in the right places. Lucy and Marlee just didn't fully appreciate my art.

 


They were more into pretending they were hungry dogs than decorating eggs.

 


They were also into eating pizza.

 

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Love the egg face, and the dogs. Daxton is really into pretending to be a dog lately. It's all good and cute until he licks my face.

I need your cell phone number. Can you call me or email me? I think Tenley must have gotten to my phone and somehow deleted your number, because it is G-O-N-E, gone.

Julie said...

You are so right about the licking. Course, I think I prefer Lucy licking me to either of our actual dogs at this point.

Missletoe said...

Those are the most AMAZING eggs I have ever seen!

And now to come clean... I am having a serious lapse in memory. I know I am "in" on the title of your post, but I have been wracking my brain since you posted it. I can't remember exactly the circumstances. Sorry to be so lame, but can you refresh my memory. I remember the DRAMA that one says the line with, just can't remember where it comes from.

Julie said...

You know to be honest, I had completely forgotten about it until I was writing this post. There's really no big story behind it, someone just said it when we were dyeing Easter eggs in High School. I think we were in my mom's kitchen at the time. Maybe Emily or Sarah would remember if there is more to it than that. It gave me a giggle to think of it.