Dear woman at the customer service desk at IKEA,
I know you meant it as a compliment when you said it was refreshing that neither of my girls' hair was done and that it was great because they looked like kids instead of fashion plates. However, I would just like to point out it was 8:00 at night when you saw them. No kid alive still has the morning hairdo at that time of night. I actually BRAIDED Lucy's hair that morning and Penny had very cute pigtails. Just saying. They don't have to look scruffy to look like kids. Though, I will admit, my kids are probably kiddier than most, most of the time. Sigh.
Sincerely,
A mother who tries.
4 comments:
This made me laugh. You are so funny. Your girls are darling, next time you should take my boys with you and then she will be asking when you are going to cut their hair and wipe the chocolate off their mouths.
I loved this post as well!!! It's not easy being mom's of girls. And believe me, it's still a struggle with a 10 year old! I say bonus points for still being able to walk up right at 8:00 p.m. after a long day of motherhood. :O)
You guys make me laugh! Glad I am not alone in my struggles.
awesome. I love this story. I have a sister-in-law who always suggests to me, "have you tried curling Lydia's hair? You should try it." No I haven't tried it! She's 1! Her daughter of course, being decked out in curls, ribbons, and huge fluffy skirts.
Post a Comment