Friday, November 13, 2009

Germs!


Penny just got over a nasty virus that turned into a double ear infection. We have been talking a lot about germs, washing hands and not putting fingers in your mouth. Also, in addition to her addiction to Halloween candy, Penny has acquired a taste for children's tylenol. We had this conversation last night:

Penny: Mom, want medicine.
Me: No, you're not sick anymore, you don't need medicine.
Penny: I put fingers in mouth, I sick. I need medicine.

Nice to know they occasionally listen to me, even if they don't use the knowledge the way that I'd like.



Also, as a bonus quote along the same lines, Lucy told me yesterday that: "My germs really like making people sick. It's their job, Mom."

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Haha I had a similar conversation with God the other day.

Me: God, me want percicet and a weeks vacation.
God: No, you're a mother and not a perscription drug addict.
Me: But, I am a mother, therefore I NEED percicet and a weeks vacationn.
God: Put on your big, girl panties and deal with it.


You authority types are so mean.

LOVE YOU! (Thanks for sharing such a cute story!) Mel

Julie said...

Lol! Nice, Mel. Too bad God didn't see things your way. Keep trying, that's what my girls always do. Sometimes I even give in. I probably wouldn't hold my breath on the pills though.