Sunday, November 9, 2008

Snow!

We were not at all prepared to play in the first snowstorm of the year. And, oh man, was I in trouble for that! Lucy was dying to go outside and play, but she had outgrown her boots from last year as well as her snow pants. I just hadn't gotten around to buying them yet, who would have thought I would need them in October? No way was I going to repeat that mistake, so we were well prepared to play in the snow the second time around.

Our snow was likely to be riddled with landmines (Thanks Bistro and Lebowski!) so we headed to Grandma's house. It looks like it is really warm in the pictures, blue skies, sun, the works; au contraire mon frère, twas extremely cold! Don't be fooled by my crazy mother running around in her shirtsleeves, it was cold!

 


Even Penny got into it. After being a little freaked out by all this weird, cold, white stuff, she really enjoyed being pulled around in the sled.

 


Lucy practiced her angel making skills.

 


Marlee one-upped her with the "reverse angel."

 


Oh yeah? Well, I don't even need snow to make my angels! How's that working out for you, Lucy?

 


Our friend, the snowman. Cold as it was while we were making him, turns out he was not long for this world. It warmed up pretty fast.

 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

We have white stuff like that...at the beach. Not the same? Maybe you guys should come check it out and we can compare!

Missletoe said...

Ya, we're also adding "playing in Diane's play house" on the list of things to do in Utah. We'll probably need both Lucy and Penny's expertise here too.