Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Camping with the sickies.

Here's hoping that the rest of my family will forgive me for dragging my sick kids to Arches with them last weekend. I debated and debated whether or not to go, but the argument of "sick at home or sick camping, they'll still be sick" eventually won out. My apologies to all if we ended up spreading our colds to the healthy. If we did, the only excuse we have is that we had a really good time doing it.

Arches was a little cool, but we found some sun both days that we were there. The red rock and blue skies was well worth the drive. Lucy did not enjoy the attempt at hiking to Delicate Arch on Saturday; a hike which ended in tears and a nap while being carried to the car. Sunday's hike to Double O Arch went about a bazillion times better. Lucy walked most of the 4.2 miles all by herself! Those pink hiking shoes are worth their weight in gold.

Here is a link to some pics from our trip.

Arches Mar08

1 comment:

Missletoe said...

Wow! Pink hiking boots! Now that is kewl beans.

I also like how you cleverly linked your pictures to your blog. I might have to steal from that bag of tricks.

I am eating my heart out about going down to Arches whenever you feel like it.